Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Google Dance


Last night at around 11:00pm I checked to see how the reorganization of the Google rankings was for for my Nashville Real Estate site www.NashvillesMLS.com Unfortunatley it had dropped completely out of the rankings. Not even on page 2, or page 3....no where.

I then thought I'd better see if I was still ranking for my other key search terms such as Nashville MLS and Nashville Luxury homes. As it turns out I was still ranking at number 1 :)

I know Google has periods of time where they try and improve the relevancy of the results by changing the algorhythmn of the search engine but if you are ranking number one for a couple of months and then findyou are no where it can be a bit of a shock!

Luckily my other sites www.Nashville.com and www.NashvilleBuyers.com are still ranking well so all is not lost. When I checked this morning we were at no.2 again with www.NashvillesMLS.com, and when I rechecked....no where :(

This is known as the Google dance and it seems I'm sat on the side lines waiting to be asked to come back on the dance floor!

I've never enjoyed dancing, especially as being a drummer the first thing people tell me is that "you can dance if you play drums...you should be a natural." Well, I've always had a bit of a conflict because as a drummer I see it as a good sign when people get up and dance when I'm playing in a band. That means they must be enjoying themselves. I, on the other hand, do not enjoy waving my arms around aimlessly to the beat, never have...never will....and right now I'm not enjoying this Google dance...even though this time I'm anxious to be invited back :)

Thats about it for my morning blog. I have to let the dogs out, book my flights to Vancouver to see my webmaster, arrange to list a condo in downtown Nashville. This will be my 3rd listing in the development...and non have sold as yet. Lets hope things improve...I'd like to get the listings into the dance too......

No comments: